MOUNT HERMON SUMMER CAMPS: July 9th-15th
7th/8th Summer Camp: Ponderosa Lodge
Ponderosa Lodge is a one-week camp experience full of laughter, play, community and worship as students experience life to the fullest. In one week at Ponderosa students can skate, surf, play laser tag or paintball, make new friends, swim, kayak, ride BMX bikes and experience our zip line or leap of faith. Most importantly, in one week at Ponderosa students will encounter the God who knows them, who loves them and who wants to change their lives for eternity.
Cost: $620 per student
If you have any questions, please contact Darren Hill, the Middle School Ministry Director at, or (925)413-7289
Registration now open!
All our spots for boys are currently filled, but we do still have openings for GIRLS!
Registration now open!
Parents & 8th grade Students, please complete this registration process together! You will need your passport if you have one, a photo of you, and medical insurance information. Remember to download and complete the attached PDF for CPC & Amor Ministries in addition to this electronic form!
PLEASE NOTE: All payments given for this mission trip are NON-REFUNDABLE DONATIONS to our mission project. (Sorry for that inconvenience, but they are tax deductible!)
April 1 - 7th, 2017
Join other students (high school and 8th graders) as we head to Mexico to serve and love 15 families with 15 new homes (start to finish!). Our group of 220 students and about 80 adult leaders looks forward to this more than anything! The trip is safe, life changing and open to all (even if you’re not a part of CPC). Come work hard, serve others, learn about Jesus as we carry out his encouragement to serve the poor and create memories sure to transform your life.
- Dates: April 1-7th, 2017
- Student Meetings: (12:15-1:45 following church in youth room or sanctuary, parents strongly encouraged to attend)
- Dec. 11th: Registration Opens & Info meeting for 1st time leaders or first time students
- Jan 22nd: More trip info, fundraiser meeting & support letter writing workshop
- March 19th: Important details and team huddle before trip for all participants
- Cost: $550.00
- Passports Are Required
- Questions? Email Mary Jannasch, or Deana Dickerson,
- House Building: We partner with Amor ministries, a trusted ministry with over 30 years of facilitating these trips, ensuring safety, and helping keep the construction process accessible to all ages.
- Food: The food is great, we contract out an organization called Camping Pros which make sure we eat well (to include accommodating most food allergies/restrictions which should be noted in your registration)
- Travel: We hire professional transportation (coach buses with bathrooms, tv’s, etc.) to and from Mexico and utilize local bus companies through Amor for daily work site transportation.
- Safety: We are located away from any major cities, safety has never been an issue. As far as health, we will have a medical team with us consisting of a doctor and nurse. Additionally, we bring a large team of adult leaders. The ratio is often 4 students to 1 leader.
- Scholarships: We don't want any students to miss this trip due to finances. Full or partial scholarships are available on a trust basis (no need to justify, or work it off). We do however encourage those in need to first participate in letter writing with the whole group to raise support (instructions and materials come at second meeting).
- Average Day: Excluding travel, students will wake up early to fun music, get dressed, eat a big breakfast, make a huge bag lunch (and place in a labeled cooler for the build site) and then enjoy brief morning free time as daily buses arrive. Students load up with their building team of about 18 people (2 groups per bus) and drive normally about 35 minutes to the build site. Then the work party starts (each day is laid out by a foreman leader), students drink lots of water, enjoy a lunch break, get to know the family they are building for, work some more and then load up around 4:00 to head back to camp. Many students kick off the evening with a solar shower (we'll tell you more in planning meetings), free time with new and old friends, then dinner followed by evening program and off to our tents for sleep!
- Location: During our week in Mexico we stay at one of Amor Ministries' camps. This camp is secure, fenced, and patrolled 24 hours a day. It is located 27 miles southeast of downtown San Diego, about 3.3 miles south of the border. During our work days, our group will drive by bus about 15-30 minutes to one of the local villages where Amor has selected families in need and arranged our house building project.