Ways to Give

During worship services:
Place your cash or check in the offering plate at any service. Remember, you will only receive a tax receipt if your name and address are clearly identifiable on your check or giving envelope. Unfortunately, we are unable to give tax receipts for unidentified or loose cash.

Mail a check:
Paper checks (please don't send cash):
Community Presbyterian Church
Attn: Finance Dept.
222 West El Pintado Road
Danville, CA 94526
*Checks are recorded on the postmark date on the envelope.

Electronic Checks:
If your bank has automated bill pay, you can designate CPC to receive electronically generated checks.

Text Giving:
Text GIVEATCPC to 77977. You will receive a welcome message with instructions to complete a one-time set up. Set-up is safe, easy, and secure. Save the number to your phone for future giving.

Stocks or Mutual Funds:
Donating gifts of stocks, mutual funds, bonds, ADR's (American Depository Receipts) before the sale can reduce taxes and enable you to give more. Donations of appreciated securities are recorded as a stock gift calculated on the day CPC receives the stock, per IRS regulations.

Also, by donating appreciated securities before the sale, you can avoid recording a capital gain on the security (assuming the investment has appreciated and that you have held the asset for more than one year). You should check with a tax professional before initiating any transfer of securities.

Please contact Charlene Curry at 925.855.1367 x301 or  if you are considering this type of gift.  For gifts of securities, please note that it may take four to five business days from the time your broker initiates a stock transfer to CPC until the settlement date when the proceeds are credited to CPC's account and are recognized as a gift. 

Donor Advised Funds:
You can make a gift to CPC via a Donor Advised Fund. Please keep in mind that your tax receipt will be issued by the fund, not by CPC. If you wish to make a gift toward a pledge, please be sure to notify the Donor Advised Fund so that we know to record the gift as such. CPC’s tax ID is: 94-1375814

IRA Contributions:
If you are age 70 1/2 or older, you can do something special with your IRA while reducing your tax burden: you can transfer up to $100,000 each year from your IRA account to a qualified charity (501c3). 

When you make this transfer directly to your charity, you will receive several benefits:

  1. Your gift counts against your required minimum distribution
  2. The gift does not add to your adjusted gross income so it does not impact future Medicare income calculations, which may lead to higher premiums
  3. Making your gift directly to the charity avoids the percentage limitation on charitable contributions

Please check with your IRA administrator or your tax advisor for more information about how you can multiply the impact of your IRA. CPC can help answer some questions as well. Please contact Charlene Curry, 925.855.1367 x301 or  for more information.