Mexico Volunteer Leaders
80 Leaders Needed! (Both men & women, or course.)
Come See Lives Transformed
Be Part of Our Incredible Community
This is a student-focused trip, so we are looking for adults who want to serve our youth and make it a great experience for them. If you love teenagers, love to see God at work, and are willing to rough it with us, this trip is for you!
Sat, Mar 31- Fri, Apr 6, 2018
Our Mexico Mission Volunteer Staff Family is about 80 strong and working with 220 high school students for an incredible week of service in Mexico. As we gear up to serve 15 families with 15 houses, we cannot do it without more help each year! Lives (yours and students') will be transformed, the unpredictable will occur, Jesus will be made known.
With 35 years of experience, Amor Ministries facilitates our success in the house building project. Camping Pros oversees the hospitality and incredible food we enjoy at our camp. You get the chance to be the hands and feet of Christ as you encourage our students and work alongside them.
This has proven to be an incredible adventure every year, and most have left Mexico feeling more blessed than those we served. It is also an exhausting week of physically challenging and emotional work that often stretches who we are in a positive and life changing way.
Important Dates & Notes:
- Trip Dates: Sat, Mar 31- Fri, Apr 6, 2018
- Adult/Student Meetings: (12:15-1:45 following church in youth room or sanctuary)
- TBD: Info Meeting for 1st time leaders or first time students
- TBD: More trip info, fundraiser meeting & support Letter Writing workshop
- TBD: Key Details Before trip (with students)
- TBD 6:30-9:00: Mission Banquet Fundraiser Event
- TBD 6:00-7:30: (Tentative) Adult Building Tips & Tricks Workshop, 6-7:30 CPC Parking lot. DON'T MISS THIS!
- TBD: Pre-Trip Leader Party (more info to come)
- Will need a complete Amor Ministries liability form (available starting December)
- Every leader must have a complete background check on file with CPC. If you’re not sure if you’ve done it, contact TBD.
- House Building: We partner with Amor ministries, a trusted ministry with over 30 years of facilitating these trips, ensuring safety, and helping keep the construction process accessible to all ages.
- Food: The food is great, we contract out an organization called BAJA COOKS which make sure we eat well (to include accommodating most food allergies/restrictions which should be noted in your registration)
- Travel: We hire professional transportation (coach buses with bathrooms, tv’s, etc.) to and from Mexico and utilize local bus companies through Amor for daily work site transportation.
- Safety: We are located away from any major cities, safety has never been an issue. As far as health, we will have a medical team with us consisting of a doctor and nurse. Additional, we bring a large team of adult leaders. The ratio is often 4 students to 1 leader.
- Scholarships: We realize many of you are taking work off to help make this trip a success. Please do not feel obligated to contribute the suggested leader donation of $100 if you are not in a position to do so.
- Average Day: Excluding travel, students will wake up early to fun music, get dressed, eat a bit breakfast, make a huge bag lunch (and place in a labeled cooler for the build side) and then enjoy brief morning free time as buses arrive. Students load up with their building team of about 18 people (2 groups per bus) and drive normally about 35 minutes to the build site. They get to work (each day is laid out by a foreman leader), drink lots of water, enjoy lunch break, get to know the family they are building for, work some more and then load up around 4:00 to head back to the camp site. Enjoy a solar shower (we'll tell you more in planning meetings), free time with new friends, then dinner followed by evening program then off to tents for sleep!