Mexico 2019 Adult Leaders
Come Be Part of Our Incredible Community and See Lives Transformed
This is a student-focused trip, & we are looking for adults who want to serve with us! If you love teenagers, seeing God at work, and are willing to rough it with us, this trip is for you!
Saturday March 30 to Friday April 5th 2019
3 STEP REGISTRATION PROCESS:
Our Mexico Mission Adult Leader Family is about 80 strong and working with 220 high school students for an incredible week of service in Mexico. As we gear up to serve 17 families with 17 houses, we cannot do it without more help each year! Lives (yours and students') will be transformed, the unpredictable will occur, Jesus will be made known.
You get the chance to be the hands and feet of Christ as you encourage our students and work alongside them. This has proven to be an incredible adventure every year, and most have left Mexico feeling more blessed than those we served. It is also an exhausting week of physically challenging work that often stretches who we are in a positive and life-changing way.
Important Dates & Notes:
Anyone not riding the bus must contact
- Trip: Saturday, Mar 30- Friday, Apr 5, 2019
- Mexico Mission Kickoff (Meeting #1): Sunday, Dec 2, 2019. Trip overview, fundraiser meeting & support letter writing workshop, Auction Fundraiser details, etc..
- Pre-Trip Leader Potluck-Party: Friday, March 15, 2019 6:30-8:30p–This is a party for us to enjoy some great food and get to know our team better! Location: Youth Room at CPC.
- Builders Tips & Tricks Breakfast: Saturday, March 16,
20199:00am -11:00am– (Youth Room at CPC). Team Foremen, please don't miss this! This is a great time to meet and greet as well as learn some building tricks so our build process goes smoothly and beautifully.
- Final All-Team Meeting: Sunday, March 17,
201912:15–1:30p– in CPC Sanctuary. Packinglist is on the agenda. Be there!
- Depart Saturday, March 30, 2019 (arrive 9a; depart 10a) from CPC. We'll leave in 6 buses and will have at least 2 personal vehicles to haul equipment. We will need at least 5 adults per bus, and 1 captain on top of that. If you can, please ride in the bus, it's so helpful for supervision!
- Saturday night sleeping overnight at "EV Free Fullerton Church" 2904 N Brea Blvd. Fullerton, CA 92835
- Friday, April 5,
2019~11:30p–Return to CPC: (Rides: Bookmark THE BLOG on your browser for updated arrival time.)
- Monday, April 15, 2019 7-9p–Mexico Celebration Night for Parents, Leaders, Donors & Students: in CPC's Sanctuary. This is a very special time. We also
kickoffour "Houseboats" trip (June 3-9, 2018).
- House Building: We partner with Amor ministries, a trusted ministry with over 30 years of facilitating these trips, ensuring safety, and helping keep the construction process accessible to all ages.
- Food: The food is great. We contract out an organization called Baja Camp Cooks which makes sure we eat well (to include accommodating most food allergies/restrictions which should be noted in your registration.)
- Travel: We hire professional transportation (coach buses with bathrooms, tv’s, etc.) to and from Mexico and utilize local bus companies through Amor for daily work site transportation.
- Safety: We are located away from any major cities, safety has never been an issue. As far as health, we will have a medical team with us consisting of a doctor and nurse. Additionally, we bring a large team of adult leaders. The ratio is often 4 students to 1 leader.
- Average Day: Excluding travel, students will wake up early to fun music, get dressed, eat a big breakfast, make a huge bag lunch (and place in a labeled cooler for the build site) and then enjoy brief morning free time as daily buses arrive. Students load up with their building team of about 18 people (2 groups per bus) and drive normally about 35 minutes to the build site. Then the work party starts (each day is laid out by a foreman leader), students drink lots of water, enjoy a lunch break, get to know the family they are building for, work some more and then load up around 4p to head back to camp. Many students kick off the evening with a solar shower (we'll tell you more in planning meetings), free time with new and old friends, then dinner followed by evening program and off to our tents for sleep!
- Location: During our week in Mexico we stay at one of Amor Ministries' camps. This camp is secure, fenced, and patrolled 24 hours a day. It is located 27 miles southeast of downtown San Diego, about 3.3 miles south of the border. During our work days, our group will drive by bus about 15-30 minutes to one of the local villages where Amor has selected families in need and arranged our house building project.
If you are bringing your own vehicle to Mexico with us, this form will give us the information we will need to purchase Mexican Insurance for your coverage...