Thank you for being a part of a Small Group. You are helping to move people from rows to circles and we know that God will bless you and grow your faith through this experience.
My prayer for you and your group is that you will continue to grow in your understanding and love of Jesus Christ AND that your group may grow in number!
ONLINE OPTIONS FOR YOUR SMALL GROUP
With the coronavirus situation as it is, it is important to follow the guidelines set forth by our leaders. As a result, many of you are no longer able to gather as a small group, although I want to encourage you to consider trying some creative ways to continue to connect with your group.
For meeting for ten people or less, we advise Google Hangouts which can be right from your Gmail calendar:
- Go to your Google Mail calendar.
- Schedule a meeting.
- Invite others.
- Guests will join by clicking on the “Join Hangouts Meet” link in the invite or they can also choose “Join by Phone” and can call the number listed.
- Each Google Hangout can have only 10 people but can be unlimited in length of time.
For meetings up to 100 people, use Zoom:
- Go to https://zoom.us/
- Sign up by entering your email address.
- Check that email for a message from Zoom.
- You will see this in your inbox. Click on “Activate Account.”
- Create an account by entering your first and last name and creating a password.
- You can invite your friends to Zoom if you know their email or simply skip that step for now.
- Click on Start a Meeting Now” or, you can copy the meeting link and paste it into an email or text message to your small group.
- When you are ready to schedule a meeting, click on the upper right where it says “Schedule a Meeting.”
Each Zoom meeting can have 100 participants and last only 40 minutes. If you need longer, you’ll need to schedule another meeting to start right after that and have everyone rejoin the call.
RightNow Media is a FREE gift from CPC where you can view thousands of great personal and group studies relating to parenting, finance, discipleship, youth and children's topics plus a library of leadership training and events. Once registered, you can invite others to join you (it's free for them too!). These rich and diverse resources will aid in your spiritual formation helping you to live out your faith in every day life.
CPC Danville ONLINE
If you and your group follow along with the CPC Weekend Services, KEEP JOINING US!
- Online services - Saturdays at 5pm, and Sundays at 9:00 or 10:45am on one of our four streaming platforms: www.cpcdanville.org, Facebook Live, YouTube (search CPC Danville), or Instagram. We will have LIVE hosts during all three services who want to hear from you, encourage you, and connect in real time. You will find the Discussion Questions at http://www.cpcdanville.org/media/
- Prayer requests - We want to hear them! You can email us at , you can message us on social media or you can click here. We have an entire team that will be praying for each and every one of your prayers.
- Social media - Follow us on Instagram and on Facebook for daily encouragement. Look for everything from pictures of your fellow CPCers, inspirational devotionals, to real-time information. And we also want to hear from you too! Post your pictures and tag @cpcdanville and #forthevalley as a way to stay connected to others in our valley.
- Online giving - Your ongoing generosity is what enables us to continue the ministry God is doing through our church—even as our ministry changes during unique times! You can support God’s work through CPC in the following simple ways:
- To give a one-time donation, or become a monthly recurring giver, go to cpcdanville.org/give
- Or text a donation to 925-275-5333
You can also mail your check to CPC:
Community Presbyterian Church
Attn: Finance Dept.
222 West El Pintado Rd.
Danville, CA 94526
ONLINE Study Options
ANXIOUS FOR NOTHING ONLINE STUDY
You are invited to join the online community for the study through Anxious for Nothing. You can watch the videos and follow the study. They are making all five sessions available to you for FREE now through May 2.
The link to the free online study is at https://www.faithgateway.com/anxious-for-nothing-obs-registration/?utm_source=csdailyemails&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=cs-cs20200316_afn_obs_fg
21 Days Together
21 churches have banded together to create the #21DaysTogether movement. Starting March 19, each church will be providing three videos per day except Sundays based on the schedule below. These videos are intended to inspire, encourage, and provide hope.
Go to https://www.21daystogether.com/about
FOLLOW by Andy Stanley
Following Jesus results in overwhelming faith, but at times it can also be inconvenient, costly, and even embarrassing. Watch online for free at http://followseries.org. Also you will find Discussion Questions on the Website as well.
TOP 7 RIGHTNOW MEDIA PICS
THE POWER OF JESUS' NAMES
Some names live in infamy, and some names inspire the greatest kinds of hope. But there is one name above all other names, and it belongs to the Son of God, Jesus. Jesus is the most unique person who’s ever lived, and his names carry with them great weight. In this six-session series, Dr. Tony Evans journeys around the stomping grounds of Jesus in the land of Israel and presents a complete picture of the Incarnate God. By teaching on each of the major names of Jesus, Tony brings us face-to-face with the Second Person of the Trinity. Shot in the major locations where Jesus himself lived and taught, we find ourselves asking one question: “What will we do with Jesus?” https://www.rightnowmedia.org/Content/Series/333561
CHANGES THAT HEAL
Christians are suffering from a whole range of emotional problems: anxiety, loneliness, grief over broken relationships, resentment, and feelings of inadequacy.
Often they have been struggling with those problems for years. In this updated video study of Dr. Cloud's classic book Changes That Heal, Dr. Cloud teaches that there are biblical solutions for your struggles with depression, anxiety, panic, addictions, and guilt, and that these solutions lie in your understanding certain basic developmental tasks. These tasks involve growing up into the 'likeness' of the one who created you. https://www.rightnowmedia.org/Content/Series/1038
THIS IS THE DAY
Sometimes life feels rigid—as if nothing could ever really change. Maybe we’re afraid of taking a step of faith. Or maybe we’re too injured from the past to move forward. Or maybe life threw us a curveball and we still don’t know how to react. No matter where you find yourself, you can make the most of today. In this inspirational series, Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow shares stories from his life to illustrate what it means to seize each day for God’s glory. He challenges us to step out in courage because this is the day to act. https://www.rightnowmedia.org/Content/Series/309541
THE BOOK OF 1 CORINTHIANS
Christianity calls us to sacrifice instead of living for oneself. We have to choose one or the other—we can't do both. The Christians in Corinth tried to live the Christian life in a worldly way. Paul wrote the letter of 1 Corinthians to a divided and self-centered people to remind them to follow Jesus and only Jesus. https://www.rightnowmedia.org/Content/Series/257958
THE GOOD GOSPEL
So many of us claim to know the gospel, but sometimes we can forget parts of the story. Do we live like we believe every part of the gospel? In this six-week study with Jennie Allen, Jamie Ivey, and Jackie Hill Perry, learn about the foundation of our faith to discover how God brings us from death to life, from fallen to free. https://www.rightnowmedia.org/Content/Series/378449
THE GOSPEL OF MARK
The Gospel of Mark chronicles Jesus’s journey from Galilee to Jerusalem. Along the way, the Messiah gathers a ragged band of disciples. As crowds grow and dwindle on the road to Jerusalem, only a few stick by the Suffering Savior on the road of discipleship. https://www.rightnowmedia.org/Content/Series/289491
Many people are familiar with Psalm 23. But because we all know it, we often breeze through the psalm without slowing down long enough to rest in the assurance it offers. In this 6-part series on Psalm 23, pastor Matt Chandler introduces us to the great shepherd, the Lord, who promises to provide for every need of his flock. Though only six verses long, this psalm teaches us profound truths about our loving and protective God. By studying Psalm 23, we’ll encounter a life-transforming question: Do you trust the Lord to care for your needs? https://www.rightnowmedia.org/Content/Series/352010
TIME TO UPDATE YOUR GROUP INFO
As you begin to think about your group starting up again…I would LOVE to know what you are planning to study and when you are planning to start again. Please take just a couple of minutes to fill out THIS FORM
NEW LEADER RESOURCES
- Tips for Leading Well
- Characteristics of A Healthy Group (PDF) and Video (must use Google Chrome or Firefox to view the video)
Contact Heather Muncy
CPC Director of Connect