Church happens because people serve.
“Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace.” 1 Peter 4:10
Thanks for your interest in serving at CPC! Your involvement matters because your service does make a difference. Below describes many of the volunteer opportunities where we need your help. Please look around & let us know how you'd like to get plugged in!
If you need any help in finding the best place to serve, contact Linda, , 925.855.1367 x225. She will be happy to help you!
Assist the Deacon Team - Contact Linda Wiley, , 925.553.7077.
CPC’s Deacons are seeking volunteers who would like to occasionally assist in Prime Time Ministry and Congregation Support. There are great opportunities to partner with your Deacon team to connect and serve fellow members and our community.
- Friendship Callers - Our ministry to those who are homebound or isolated. (Flexible days and times.) You will visit, call, email, and send cards to an assigned individual over several months.
- Meals - Our ministry that provides meals in times of need. (Flexible days and times.) You will occasionally be asked to prepare (or provide) and deliver a full meal.
- Transportation - Our ministry that provides transportation in times of need. (Flexible days and hours.) You will occasionally be asked to drive someone to worship service, appointments, or other services. Valid driver's license and current insurance are required.
- Prime Time - Our ministry that engages seniors through encouragement and active participation. (Meets most Tuesday mornings from September to May.) You will visit with, provide companionship to, and assist with various program activities, such as crafts, bingo, manicures, set-up, and clean-up.
To learn more and join us, please click here.
Hospitality Team - Contact Kristie, , 925.855.1367 x320
- Coffee Set-up or Clean-up - Join our team on Sunday mornings to meet new people and help make coffee for our services. Sign-ups are on a rotation basis.
- Greeters - Welcome folks arriving to the CPC Campus prior to the services on Saturday nights or Sunday morning services.
- Ushers - Hand out our Sunday bulletins to folks entering our services.
- Holiday & Special Events - Join other volunteers on some of our Holiday and special events that take place at CPC! We need many hands with preparing and helping at our wonderful events.
- Bakers - Do you enjoy baking? We have several special events throughout the year. Join our team of bakers!
Weekend Service Prep - Contact Emily, , 925.855.1367 x315
- Bulletin Stuffing - Enjoy having fellowship with other volunteers while stuffing our bulletins on Fridays. Sign up for whatever Friday(s) work for you (11:00-1:00 PM)
Missions - Contact Bianca, , 925.855.1367 x303
- Missions Committee – Do you have a heart for the knowing more about Missions? Consider visiting or joining our Missions Committee and learn about our global, local and regional mission partners who are spreading the Word of God.
- Thanksgiving Food Drive - Want to connect with people who have a heart to serve the hungry? Help us load food for City Impact and Harbor House on Nov. 22 on the Sanctuary patio at 11:15 a.m.
- Adopt-a-Family - Help us with signing up folks to adopt families for Christmas during the month of November.
- Sintaro Project, Ethiopia - We often have short-term needs for people who like to help behind the scenes with special projects like administrative support and planning/organizing special events.
Children's Ministries - Contact Vivien, , 925.855.1367 x222
- Nursery Caregiver – Share God's love with babies and toddlers: hugging, holding, reading, playing! (2-4 times/month)
- Preschool - TK/K Classroom Volunteers – Lay the foundation of spiritual growth in our children through weekly bible stories, memory verses, songs and play times. (2-4 times/month)
- Elementary Volunteers – Help welcome all our Elementary kids and engage them in a FUN environment with live youth worship, engaging discussions in small groups directly after our group bible lesson and much more. (2-4 times/month )
Student Ministries - Contact Darren, , 925.855.1367 x228
- Fifth-Sixth Grade Ministry Leader - Join our growing team of fun volunteers who are spending their Wednesday nights investing in our pre-teen kids and building a spiritual foundation in their lives. If you love Jesus and love 10-12 year olds, you will love this ministry!
- 7th-8th Grade Small Group Leader - Middle school can be a difficult phase of life for many of our kids. You can make a real difference by offering Christ's love and truth to a group of students who need your support. You will need a good sense of humor, a loving heart, and a living faith in Jesus. We'll take care of the rest. Come spend your Wednesday nights with our "Wildside" team and fall in love with middle school ministry!
Life Groups - Contact Heather, , 925.855.1367 x319
- Life Group Leaders – Would you like to lead a small group of 6-10 people? We will help you get started and provide you with the materials.
- Greeters for CONNECT Events - Do you enjoy greeting folks? We have CONNECT events 1-2 times a year on Sundays after worship services. Join our CONNECT Team!
Book Shoppe - Contact Joan Kurtz, 925.837.4182
- Our CPC Book Shoppe has openings to serve a half and hour once a month. 1st Sunday after 9:00AM service and 4th Sunday after 9:00AM service.
We strongly encourage everyone considering a place of service to be familiar with their SHAPE by taking the SHAPE Assessment survey.