Join us April 4-10 over spring break for the Mexico Mission trip! This project is an incredible opportunity for high school students to serve a community in Northern Baja California, Mexico near Tijuana. We build HOMES, but really, we're building HOPE, not only in the families' but in student's lives as well.
We spend 6 days in tents eating some of the best Mexican food you've ever had by the famous Baja Camp Cooks. We partner with Amor Ministries and stay at their camp with other churches from all over the world. It's a tremendous experience you won't forget.
INFORMATIONAL MEETING SUNDAY JANUARY 26th
If you missed our kick-off info meeting in December, please join us for another chance to get all the information you need to know about this trip on Sunday January 26th at 12:15pm in the Youth Room at CPC.
AUCTION BANQUET FUNDRAISER
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 9th 6:30-8:30pm in the Sanctuary at CPC. Come to this fun celebration to support our students and help them get to Mexico to change the lives of families in need!
DONATE AN ITEM TO OUR AUCTION! We Need Great Items!
REGISTRATION IN NOW OPEN!
This is a 4-part process. Please be sure you complete all four forms, the last of which is payment. Please note: ALL PAYMENTS to our Mexico Mission Project are NOT REFUNDABLE, because they are tax-deductible donations for a mission trip. Your students place on this mission trip is not confirmed until payment is received. Final payments will be due March 16th. You will receive an email notifying you of your balance due by March 9th.
THERE FORMS BELOW WILL BECOME AVAILABLE DECEMBER 1ST:
1. CPC Student Registration Form
2. CPC Student Waiver and Medical Form (This form will need to be printed, signed, and brought to our office.)
3. Amor Ministries Registration Form
4. Payment Form for Parents, Students, and Donors (Total Cost per Student is $695. Final payment due March 16th.) IF YOU NEED SCHOLARSHIP SUPPORT, YOU CAN USE THIS FORM TO LET US KNOW HOW MUCH YOU CAN AFFORD TO PAY...
We also need student foreman to help lead our house building teams! Here is the link to sign up for that opportunity:
WHAT TO BRING:
- COST: $695 is the cost per student for this mission trip. The actual total cost is much higher than that, but we hope that our Silent Auction will raise enough to cover the balance! Please consider sending out support letters to friends and family members to help raise the money to cover your portion of this trip! Scholarship support can be requested on the payment form. Final payment due March 16th.
- Departure: Saturday, April 4, 2020 (arrive 9am; depart 10am) from CPC. We'll leave in 6 buses and will have at least 2 personal vehicles to haul equipment. We will need at least 5 adults per bus, and 1 captain on top of that. If you can, please ride in the bus, it's so helpful for supervision!
- Saturday night sleeping overnight at "EV Free Fullerton Church" 2904 N Brea Blvd. Fullerton, CA 92835
- Return: Friday, April 10,
2020~11:30pm– to CPC: (Bookmark THE TRIP BLOG on your browser for updated arrival time.)
- Mexico Celebration Night: Monday, April 20,
20207-9pm– for Parents, Leaders, Donors & Students in CPC's Sanctuary. This is a very special time. We also kickoffour "Houseboats" trip (June 1-6, 2020).
- House Building: We partner with Amor ministries, a trusted ministry with 40 years of facilitating these trips, ensuring safety, and helping keep the construction process accessible to all ages.
- Food: The food is great. We contract out an organization called Baja Camp Cooks which makes sure we eat well (to include accommodating most food allergies/restrictions which should be noted in your registration.)
- Travel: We hire professional transportation (coach buses with bathrooms, tv’s, etc.) to and from Mexico and utilize local bus companies through Amor for daily work site transportation.
- Safety: We
are locatedaway from any major cities, safety has never been an issue. As far as health, we will have a medical team with us consisting of a doctor and nurse. Additionally, we bring a large team of adult leaders. The ratio is often 4 students to 1 leader.
- Average Day: Excluding travel, students will wake up early to fun music, get dressed, eat a big breakfast, make a huge bag lunch (and place in a labeled cooler for the build site) and then enjoy brief morning free time as daily buses arrive. Students load up with their building team of about 18 people (2 groups per bus) and drive normally about 35 minutes to the build site. Then the work party starts (each day is laid out by a foreman leader), students drink lots of water, enjoy a lunch break, get to know the family they are building for, work some more and then load up around 4p to head back to camp. Many students kick off the evening with a solar shower (we'll tell you more in planning meetings), free time with new and old friends, then dinner followed by evening program and off to our tents for sleep!
- Location: During our week in Mexico we stay at one of Amor Ministries' camps. This camp is secure, fenced, and patrolled 24 hours a day. It is located 27 miles southeast of downtown San Diego, about 3.3 miles south of the border. During our work days, our group will drive by bus about 15-30 minutes to one of the local villages where Amor has selected families in need and arranged our house building project.
Take a look at our recap video from last year's trip to get inspired!
If you are interested in joining our team of adult leaders to help us lead this incredible trip, please CLICK HERE to go to our Leader Page!