Mexico 2018 Students!
"Come Build Hope"
Don't Miss This Amazing Trip!
TRIP: Sat, Mar 31 (please arrive by 9a; departing by 10a) - Fri, Apr 6, 2018 8p
EARLY BIRD REGISTRANTS: The first 15 people who sign up between now and December 31,
2017 will be mailed a one-of-a-kind PRIZE!
Join other students (grades 8-12) as we head to Mexico to serve and love 15 families with 15 new homes! Our group of 250 students and 80 adult leaders looks forward to this more than anything! The trip is safe, life-changing and open to all (even if you’re not a part of CPC). Come work hard, serve others, learn about Jesus as we carry out his encouragement to serve the poor and create memories sure to transform your life.
Important Trip Details:
- Sun, Dec 3rd, 2017: Registration OPENS
- Two IMPORTANT TEAM MEETINGS: (12:15-1:30 in CPC's sanctuary)
- Sunday, Dec 3,
201712:15-1:30p: Critical trip info, fundraiser & much more: for all participants and parents
- Sunday, Mar 18,
201812:15-1:30p: Important details and team huddle before trip: for all participants
- Friday, Feb 2,
20186:30-8:30p: FUNDRAISER SILENT AUCTION BANQUET for All Participants and DONORS!
- Cost: $590
- Passports Are Required!
- Questions? Email Mary Jannasch, or Guy Blatt, .
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT // MEXICO 2018 MEETING #1 (DEC 3RD, 2017)
Student Leaders? We need you too. Juniors & Seniors, help lead our teams!
- House Building: We partner with Amor ministries, a trusted ministry with over 30 years of facilitating these trips, ensuring safety, and helping keep the construction process accessible to all ages.
- Food: The food is great. We contract out an organization called Baja Camp Cooks which makes sure we eat well (to include accommodating most food allergies/restrictions which should be noted
- Travel: We hire professional transportation (coach buses with bathrooms, tv’s, etc.) to and from Mexico and utilize local bus companies through Amor for daily work site transportation.
- Safety: We
are locatedaway from any major cities, safety has never been an issue. As far as health, we will have a medical team with us consisting of a doctor and nurse. Additionally, we bring a large team of adult leaders. The ratio is often 4 students to 1 leader.
- Scholarships: We don't want any students to miss this trip due to finances. Full or partial scholarships are available on a trust basis (no need to justify, or work it off). We do however encourage those in need to first participate in letter writing with the whole group to raise support (instructions and materials come at second meeting).
- Average Day: Excluding travel, students will wake up early to fun music, get dressed, eat a big breakfast, make a huge bag lunch (and place in a
labeledcooler for the build site) and then enjoy brief morning free time as daily buses arrive. Students load up with their building team of about 18 people (2 groups per bus) and drive normally about 35 minutes to the build site. Then the work party starts (each day is laid out by a foreman leader), students drink lots of water, enjoy a lunch break, get to know the family they are building for, work some more and then load up around 4p to head back to camp. Many students kick off the evening with a solar shower (we'll tell you more in planning meetings), free time with new and old friends, then dinner followed by evening program and off to our tents for sleep!
- Location: During our week in Mexico we stay at one of Amor Ministries' camps. This camp is secure, fenced, and patrolled 24 hours a day. It is located 27 miles southeast of downtown San Diego, about 3.3 miles south of the border. During our work days, our group will drive by bus about 15-30 minutes to one of the local villages where Amor has selected families in need and arranged our house building project.
Adults, interested in Helping? Please click on the form button here to join our team.
LAST YEAR'S TRIP VIDEOS
About AMOR MINISTRIES, our Ministry Partner in Mexico
How Houses Change Lives
You Are the Difference