Have you ever wanted to reach out to a friend in need but wondered, "What should I say? Will I offend if I say something? What if I get in over my head? I want to help but I don’t know how!"
Many times we want to reflect the love of Christ by responding to those in distress but we feel ill-equipped and unprepared to do so.
The mission of iCARE is to encourage, empower and equip individuals to care for hurting people through the gospel of hope and healing.
iCARE will equip you to care for your family, friends and the people God puts into your life with greater confidence, purpose and awareness. This 13 week program combines a biblical approach to care with an insight into the reality of being human. Classes are taught by CPC pastors, CPC Counseling Center therapists and others who have expertise in a variety of areas.
- Emotions, Empathy & Expectations
- The Art of Listening & Response
- Understanding Stress & Anxiety
- The Challenge of Relational Conflict
- Transitions: Loss & Illness
- Human Anger, Divine Forgiveness
- The Importance of Healthy Boundaries & Self Care
- The Truth About Depression
- Understanding Addiction
- Divorce & Blended Families
- Viewing a Teen's World
- Caring for LGBT & Families
- Responding to Mental Illness
iCARE is a great opportunity to learn from individuals who are on the front lines of caring for people every day. This equipping is offered as a complete series. The classes are not available for drop-in attendance as each class builds upon the previous one. Reading and written assignments are also required.
The cost for the series is $50 which includes all books and instructional materials.
The current session is closed.
Please call Heidi Johnson at 925.855.1367 ext. 215 for additional information.