In June of 1865, a group of pioneer residents of the San Ramon Valley organized the Contra Costa Presbyterian Church. Services were held regularly in the Green Valley Schoolhouse. It was not until July 16, 1875, that articles of incorporation were filed and the name of the church changed to the Danville Presbyterian Church. In October of that year, the cornerstone of the well-remembered and beloved Church of the Pioneers was laid.

This New England chapel, with its soaring white spire and mellow bell, was a familiar landmark of the San Ramon Valley for 50 years. Many of the prominent early settlers of the valley worked in its service, and today the third generation of the settlers continue to serve the church. In May of 1932, an early morning fire completely destroyed the historical landmark. In the following year, the cornerstone for a succeeding structure was laid, and the new church was dedicated. 

With rapid growth of the Valley, there was an apparent need for larger facilities of the Church and Sunday School. In 1950, after more than seventy-five years, the site of the church was removed from it's Front Street location, and reestablished in the form of our present building on El Pintado Road. The facility was expanded in 1952, and again in 1956. Due to the continuing growth in membership, the current Sanctuary was built in 1979, and in 1988, the Equipping Center was completed.

1851: Alamo Cumberland Presbyterian Church
          First Protestant Church in Contra Costa
          Location on Danville Boulevard
1865: Contra Costa Presbyterian Church organized
1875: Name changed to Danville Presbyterian Church
1876: Dedication of church location on Front Street
1906: Alamo Cumberland and Danville Presbyterian merged
1932: Danville Presbyterian Church burns down
1934: New church erected on site that is now the Danville Town Meeting Hall
1950: Name changed to Community Presbyterian Church of Danville
          Moved to current location on El Pintado Road
1952: Facilities expanded
1954: Buildings erected for Sunday School
1960: CPC Preschool established
1969: Fellowship Hall completed
1976: Outgrew old Sanctuary, services held in Fellowship Hall
1979: SRVCA established
          Current Sanctuary completed
1982: Ministry Center constructed
1988: Equipping Center completed
1996: Facilities expanded
1997: San Ramon Presbyterian Church planted
2000: Sanctuary Renewal completed
2002: Video Cafe introduced
2005: CPC@Tassajara
2009: Open Door started
          Added new parking lot and restored the chapel
2010: Congregation & SF Presbytery vote to join EPC